Those with sensitive skin often have an impaired barrier (meaning products permeate the skin causing irritation and redness), sensitive nerve endings, and have an intolerance to certain skincare/cosmetic ingredients.
Often times, sensitive skin is misdiagnosed. Those with other skin types can experience irritation and sensitivity if they aren't using the correct products and frequency, but this doesn't mean their skin type is sensitive. Here are some signs you may have a sensitive skin type:
- Fair, almost translucent complexion that is easily sunburnt
- Blood vessels are closer to the skin's surface
- Products with fragrance and colorants cause irritation
- Alcohol-based products burn on application
- Scrubs and physical exfoliants are uncomfortable
100% PURE is amazing for sensitive skin since we don't use synthetic dyes and fragrance, artificial ingredients, and harsh detergents.